7.12.2007

Health


I was a bit skeptical going into this one for a couple of reasons: 1. The only connection I knew of to the band was Crystal Castles. They did a split with them previous to this album, and I can't say that band does much for me. 2. Its on Love Pump United and the last couple releases I'd heard outta that camp didn't sit that well with me. However LPU did put out that USAisamonster pic disc and hey they issued the Indian Jewelry record on LP so anything's worth a shot, right? Happily this record isn't too reminiscent of indie dance, neu rave whatever you want to call it. On the contrary Health hits the base of your skull like a sugar crash and then proceeds to squiggle and thrash its way into your blood stream. There's a beat in there but its more like the pulse keeping the beast alive. The band swerve into the noise territory but find a great balance between the beat and the chaos; serving up total trash bin disco for noiseniks. Overall I'd have to say that my reservations were unfounded. This record is well worth a spin and probably a few more after that.

Download:
[MP3] Health -Triceratops
[MP3] Health -Glitter Pills
Bookmark and Share
posted by dissensous at 9:41:00 AM

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crystal Castles are rad and they have nothing to do with neu rave, thank god.

11:17 AM  
Blogger dissensous said...

Well maybe i've judged too quickly but everything i've heard is a bit dancey for me. No comments are meant harshly. Just not my thing.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home