3.23.2007

So in honor of all that is the vinyl single I'm starting a new feature. I started record collecting when I was younger and bought 7"s because they were accessible and cheap. Even though I moved on to a love of full albums of the vinyl persuasion, I still have a soft spot for the 7, 10 or 12" single. Most especially I have a soft spot for the b-sides and random tracks that they contain. So, every so often I'm going to throw a spotlight on a 7" from my collection, be it new or old and just offer up some extra songs for you to enjoy. Probably self-indulgent I know but hey why not. Most things are.

Mudhoney - 'Pump It Up'
Probably one of the more random 7"s in my collection and I'm pretty sure an outright impulse buy at the time. The song comes from the Mudhoney/ George Clinton promotional 7" released by Fox in support of the movie PCU. A pairing of a great
song with a great band but with mixed results. I think I still love it out of shear sentimental value. At least Fox went and did it right, ugly cover art but the 7" is clear red vinyl. An unlikely pairing that could only have come out of shear marketing interests but amusing no less.

Download:
[MP3] Mudhoney -Pump It Up

Bookmark and Share
posted by dissensous at 11:01:00 AM

2 Comments:

Blogger Zazz said...

Excellent jam.
Mudhoney are so underappreciated these days. They are pretty much the fathers of the big muff psych revival.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great. just found this after reading mark arm's comments in the "march to fuzz" sleeve notes. what an amazing band

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home