7.07.2006

The Day My Lung Collapses

Some musicians come along and hit you right over the head. At times they convey the things you think and feel almost as perfectly as if you had said it yourself. I think its this kind of musical epiphany that drew me to music in the first place but I'll be damned if it doesn't take the wind out of me every time it happens. The new Mountain Goats track "Woke Up New" is one of those moments for me. The last record was phenomenal and with each layer of emotion he peels back they just seem to get better. These tracks sum up quite a bit for me. Well played J.D., well played.

[MP3] Mountain Goats- Woke Up New

Bonus (from The Sunset Tree)
[MP3]Mountain Goats - This Year

Pre-Order Get Lonely here
Bookmark and Share
posted by dissensous at 12:00:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home